Things You Must Know
Hiring a Reliable Foundation Repair Contractor
With over 3,000 foundation repair contractors in the United States and 10% of them in Texas, how do you decide which method or contractor has the right answer for your home's problems? The following is a short list of things to consider when interviewing and hiring a contractor:
- Always obtain two or more bids.
- Always check with your local Better Business Bureau.
- Always check the contractor's credentials along with the customer and professional references.
- Always check with the civil court system to verify that the contractor has no pending litigation by homeowners.
- Always consider video or audio taping the contractor's sales person to ensure you receive what is promised.
- Always consider hiring a professional engineer should your contractor not offer a truly independent registered professional engineer to sign off on the work completed.
- Never sign a blank contract.
- Never sign a contract without reading and understanding all the clauses in it.
- Never submit to trickery or high-pressure tactics to get your signature on a contract.
- Never pay in full in advance, or in cash without obtaining a written receipt.